Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Winsoft, CS4 ME, Media

I wonder if anybody could confirm that she/he is using the ME version of InDesign and got the software on CD - not the download version from the Winsoft website.
Why? Well, I ordered the Adobe Design Standard CS4 ME on January 4th, 2009 (according to the info on their website, this version was already available).
Nothing was or is mentioned that the software is not available on CD.
Six weeks later I received their info by e-mail (quote):

''First we appologize for our late reply and we are sorry to hear that you got problems in getting your product.
Are you still waiting for the installation Media? I confirm that a shipment left France at the beginning of February.
So you should now receive the installation Media. Please confirm.
By the way I would like to emphasize that it was not Grapheast Jordans fault regarding the delay in dispatching the media CD.
We faced problem here in manufacturing the Cds... Which is now hopefully solved.
Sorry again for the inconvenience caused and we hope that you are fully enjoying your products.''

Actually, until today I'm still waiting for the media. Therefore my question, does anybody indeed have the CD of that software?

Thanks,

AloisWinsoft, CS4 ME, Media
Yes. Design Standard ME has been available since some time in December
(I forget the exact date). You should have gotten it by the beginning of
January for sure. Maybe there was too many orders in Jordan? Dunno...

Design Premium ME was held up because Dreamweaver took longer to be
released. It's been available since the beginning of February (February
5 or so).

--
Harbs
http://www.in-tools.comWinsoft, CS4 ME, Media
''Maybe there was too many orders in Jordan?'' LOL !
Actually it seems (or rather is a fact) that I'm the first one who ordered this software and paid for it! Now they are facing the problem to get it to Jordan - since 4th of January.
I was thinking that maybe I am the only customer buying this software as original here in Jordan, and therefore I have to wait till a ship sails from France to Jordan and is lucky not to be pirated by some Somali pirates at the Horn of Africa.
But then - after 6 weeks - Winsoft confirmed that they shipped it by plane (see quote above). Oh yes, they also emphasized their regrets.
Hi Harbs, seems that you got a better connection to Winsoft than Grapheast does. So maybe next time I can order from you?
Or even better, develop a plugin similar to that of ArabicXT for QuarkXPress (which I also have). Maybe this would start some fruitful competition and brings hope to patiently waiting - if not frustrated - users (like me).

''Maybe there was too many orders in Jordan?''
Oh yes, everybody is using it here, but almost nobody is willing to pay for it - one can get a copy for 5 dollars in the next coffee shop.
Well, I'm a registered user of Adobe products for many years and use InDesign ME since version 1.52.

So I can only hope to get it sometime this year (hope dies last).

Alois
LOL!

AFAIK; APTEC, GraphEast, and Quicksoft have exclusive distribution
rights in their respective jurisdictions. So I don't think I'm allowed
to ship to Jordan.

The situation can't really be *that* bad! Did you order a boxed version
or a site license?

--
Harbs
http://www.in-tools.com
Got the Media yesterday. Wow, that was quick! I believe I heard a Concorde flying over my head yesterday with ''my'' package aboard. So, finally I got it with a basket full of apologies for free.
Nevertheless, I contacted Winsoft regarding the issue buying the next update from somewhere else - let's say from in-tools. Still waiting for the reply though. Hope I didn't raise some bad feelings by telling facts here.
So anyhow, Harbs, thanks for your contribution.
  • dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment