Tuesday, December 6, 2011

IDcs, Windows XP,

I am laying out a bilingual (German/English) catechism--a religious instruction book. So far I have 2 columns (page size 6x9). I need help in tying the English content to the german content. That is question %26amp; answer 1 anchored to German Thus far I am doing it manually. There has to be a way to do this faster. I can't find a way to copy and paste into this message. It would be easier to understand if I could paste the first page into this message. Oh well, perhaps someone might enjoy figuring this out. Thank youIDcs, Windows XP,
How about posting a screen capture on pixentral.com and putting a link here. That's one current approach for illustrating a problem like this.IDcs, Windows XP,
%26lt;a href=''http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=14MG8Gvee5ySP1Lse9XWRmo2jH0k4z'' /%26gt;%26lt;/a%26gt;%26lt;img alt=''Picture hosted by Pixentral'' src=''http://www.pixentral.com/hosted/14MG8Gvee5ySP1Lse9XWRmo2jH0k4z_thumb.jpg'' border=''0'' /%26gt;%26lt;br /%26gt;Hope this works. Thanks for the information. Patricia
I take it that you are trying to align the headers for each question across the two language columns. I'm afraid I don't know of any automatic way to do this if the length of the text in the two columns for either the question or answer is different.

Peter
Why not use a table here? The usual reason 'against' is that usually, people want to have paragraphs broken over pages as well, which is not possible with tables -- entire rows are always kept together. But for this text it should be totally doable.
I think a table might work, but my biggest objection, aside from the usual I hate tables and they are a pain to set up, is that if the question text runs different lengths in the two languages and needs to wrap in one, but not the other, you'd wind up with extra space between the question that didn't wrap and its answer.
I think I can help you - I have two tools, one to convert Table to TextFrames - so text from ''cells'' will split to pages, and second to split cells across pages

here are links to example of Table2TFs:
http://www.adobescripts.com/images/BobWR.gif
http://www.adobescripts.com/images/Table2TFs.gif

contact me on priv

robin

--
www.adobescripts.com
  • wedding make up
  • ears pierced without parent
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment