Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pathfinder problems... CS4 (just...

There seems to be some shift in the function of the pathfinders. It only seems to work for me about half the time, other times it wont do the simplest things and spits out the message ''Could not complete operation. Pathfinder result describes empty region.''

Here's what it's doing at the moment:

I have a circle with a rectangle overlapping part of it.
Add: Error
Subtract: works just fine
Intersect: Error
Exclude Overlap: Error
Minus Back: Error

The objects are on the same layer. The objects were created with the circle and box tools (so the shapes are closed. Both shapes have solid fills using the same color model.

What gives? Is there a difference in the way it functions? Or has my software gone screwy?

Thanks!
-TedPathfinder problems... CS4 (just...
Works fine here. Are both objects selected? If that's a yes, trash your prefs.Pathfinder problems... CS4 (just...
There's a bug somewhere and I have seen it. I think it was Dave who
pointed out that it only happens in longer document after a certain page.

It's annoying for sure.

Bob
Are you saying the pathfinder fails in long docs?
Only after after a certain number of pages. Like I said, I don't
remember but I have seen the error and just copying the objects to a new
file was enough to get it to work.

Bob
I read somewhere and repeated it here that it only works on the first 12 pages of a long document, but I have since discovered that this is not true. I have not been able to make it work at all on some of my long documents.

Dave
I have had the problem a number of times, now I'll try to track some doc specs when it occurs. Though fwiw, I have been working in docs over 12 pages

Copying the objects to a new doc did work, so that's a work around for the moment anyhow. Annoying...

Now off to the photoshop forum and the disappearing tool shape/outline issue...

:p
-Ted

Don't get me wrong though--CS4 has many nice new things that make it well worth the price of admission.

See this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/1287774

  • hair coloring
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment