Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Interactive Buttons / PDF Behaviors

Is there anyway, in INDD, to specify what a button will do in the PDF. There are some basic behaviors (First Page, Next, etc) but no ''Set Layer Visibility''. It would be nice to set a button in the master page to Show/Hide a layer. It seems you have to set this for each page in the PDF. Doesn't seem very efficient.
Interactive Buttons / PDF Behaviors
%26gt;Is there anyway, in INDD, to specify what a button will do in the PDF. There are some basic behaviors (First Page, Next, etc)



That's about it...



%26gt; but no ''Set Layer Visibility''. It would be nice to set a button in the master page to Show/Hide a layer.



Nothing I know of within InDesign, other than the show/hide button...

Once you're in Acrobat, the option to run a javascript with a button may be able to give you the desired result.



hth

-Ted
Interactive Buttons / PDF Behaviors
I am sorry if I am posting in the wrong place. Please let me know if I should have gone somewhere else.



I was taught to use Fireworks for an Interactive PDF and now am learning that InDesign is more of what I will need. I am creating (attempting to create) an interactive PDF for students my students. I want so desperately to make this an interactive experience so they don't die of boredom. I love InDesign but as I was reading over the issues above, I am not sure what to do at this point. I have 2 weeks to finish a class and am desperate to do it correctly in InDesign. I would like it to flow like the digital magazines that are becoming extremely popular. I want my students to have the option to view this interactive PDF online and then link in a printable PDF. I may be way off base here. I sure hope that is not the case. Please will someone point me in the right direction? Thank you.



Danielle Kaiser

Danielle,



It's best to start a new thread for a topic like this which isn't directly related to the original question.



I'm not sure, at this point, exactly what the question is that you have. You can certainly make a PDF that can be viewed on screen and is interactive, and such a PDF would be printable, too (except for multimedia content which would show placeholders).



If you have a more specific question, please start a new topic.



Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment