Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Black pages; overlap on spine

Probably my terminology will not be accurate, but I hope I will be able to communicate my question.



I want to have black pages on some spreads so I made a master page and used the rectangular frame tool to make a rectangle on the master; then filled it black. I did the same for the opposite page in the spread.



How much overlap do I need in the middle so when it's printed white wont show? If I have the black frame go to the middle, the spine, is that sufficient?



Bob
Black pages; overlap on spine
It depends on the binding method.



This has been thoroughly discussed a number of times, and a search for ''bleed at spine'' will bring it all to light.



While you're at it, try searching for ''rich black'' to see if you can learn anything about the differences between a solid 100% K black and one made from four colors, and why you would want one in some cases, and the other at other times.



Peter
Black pages; overlap on spine
My apologies; I should have searched before asking.



Thank you for you suggestion on rich black; there is a lot I need to learn.



vasi
  • new lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment