Tuesday, December 6, 2011

IDCS3 export to PDF - how to get...

I'm exporting my InDesign file to PDF, and the headings are all nicely showing up in the bookmarks, but the superscript chars in my headings (such as the trademark symbol) are showing as regular chars in the resulting PDF bookmarks.



Anyone know if it's possible to get superscripts into the PDF bookmarks?



(I doubt it matters, but I'm on Windows XP, InDesign CS3 Design Standard.)



Thanks,

-Monique
IDCS3 export to PDF - how to get...
I had a similar problem and it seems to have to do with the font in Acrobat. I looked into a script for changing the font used for bookmarks (or for changing the glyph, I can't remember which anymore), but didn't pursue it as it was just as easy for that project to change the ID document.



You should ask this question over in the Acrobat forum where the Acrobat experts hang out.



Peter
IDCS3 export to PDF - how to get...
%26gt;superscript chars [..] (such as the trademark symbol)



There is some dispute over a trademark symbol being superscript or not. In some fonts it is, in others not. Therefore, for some fonts you need to apply ''superscript'' and in others not.



%26gt;[..] showing as regular chars in the resulting PDF bookmarks



That's the way it is. You cannot apply formatting to bookmark text. You

i can

change the font (I seem to rembember), but that doesn't help -- it's a global change.



If you desperately positively need some characters to be in superscript, check the character map for (I think) Arial Unicode. There is a tiny set of characters that has a superscript form: 鹿虏鲁 -- but do check if they appear the same in Acrobat.

No comments:

Post a Comment