Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Printing to Acrobat Pro 9

I am having an issue where certain files will not print to Acrobat. It doesn't ask for a name, then appears to go through the process of creating a PDF but does not create one. I know you can export, which I am forced to do but it interferes with the workflow I've created for consistency.

I am currently using IDCS4 %26amp; Acrobat Pro 9, but the same thing was happening with IDCS2.Printing to Acrobat Pro 9
This even happens when I have an InDesign document that will print to Acrobat, but then does not when saved to a new file name or a new directory. All files use the same alpha-numeric naming convention, other files in the same directory will print to Acrobat. About 5% of the ID documents behave this way.

Anyone have other suggestions that I can try? I think I have covered all the regular bases here.Printing to Acrobat Pro 9
Sounds more like an Acrobat issue but why the print to PDF instead of
export? I can't help since I don't remember the last time I even tried
to print to PDF from InDesign.

Bob
You did leave out the fact that you're using Vista 64. %26lt;g%26gt;%26lt;br /%26gt;%26lt;br /%26gt;Bob
Robert:

I print to Acrobat because I can Ctrl-P, hit enter twice and have the file appear in Acrobat for sending to the client for approval by email. Way faster.

Cricky you're fast. Yes I use Vista Ultimate 64bit, but that doesn't explain why only 5% of the documents behave this way.
Have you tried to actually print those documents to a real printer?
Could be something in the document causing a problem.

But... no way I'd ever send a flattened PDF to a client for
approval. Too many possible issues with flattening that could result in
a less than stellar on screen preview.

Fielding phone calls about those ''little white lines'' all over the place
would drive me batty.


Bob
Rarely had that happen; one was solved by the client updating Adobe Reader, the other setting the flat panel to native resolution. Both pretty normal.

They print just fine to my Phaser 8550 (full Adobe P3).
  • columnheader
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment